Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

What was I thinking?!


Monday I got a package of coupons in the mail for Albertson's re-grand opening in Ammon. Their were some awesome deals. Like seedless watermelon for $.19/lb! I love watermelon so I couldn't pass it up. I was a little nervous because this was going to be my first trip to the grocery store by myself with two kids. I thought I could handle it. Then I got to Albertson's!

The parking lot was packed. That should have been my first clue. The store was packed. That should have been my second clue. Clueless me just continued to nab the good deals and ignore everything going on around me. After getting everything in my basket, I headed for the checkout stand. At this point I realized why the isles were so crowded. People where lined up in the isles all the way to the back of the store waiting to get checked out. By then I was frustrated with my stupidity to not notice what was going on around me.

Being stupid again, I joined a line. My cart was full, why back out now? I waited an hour in that line! It wasn't too bad. Lily was an angel compared to how she has been acting. Allie wasn't bad either other than she did get hungry towards the end, but she took her pacifier like a champ. On the way out of the store I ran into a girl from my ward. She asked if it was worth going in. I told her yes, if you can stand the wait. She decided against it.

The only thing that makes me feel better about this situation is that I spent about $18.00 and saved around $30.00! Wahoo!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

You are brave! I saw the cupons, but knew I wasn't headed that way for a while so I chucked them - I hadn't even thought about crowd controll! Way to Save!

The Gould Family said...

sounds crazy! i did that a month or so ago here in rexburg, I got some awesome deals (wrote a blog about it too... lol), and i went super early in the morning so it wasn' too bad yet (no lines down the aisles), I can't imagine how crowded the one in ammon would have been! Glad the girls were good through all of it!

Jessica said...

Hi Jewelle, This is Jessica Payton, I don't know if you remember me, I used to come visiting teaching to you. Congrats on the new little one, she is so cute! If you want to you can look at my blog it is http://myblog-jessica-payton.blogspot.com/

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

I hate shopping with kids. You did great! I think I would have stayed in line, too. I'm a sucker for a good deal.

"What?!? Buy one box of waffles, get one free? Sold!" (We didn't eat waffles at the time, but it was a good deal!)