Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

T.I.T.

I forgot to get a new recipe for Try-It-Tuesday, so I am posting an old one that we love. I got the this from a magazine called Country Woman. Russ LOVES this dinner so much that I usually make it at least twice a month. Enjoy!

Easy Chicken Fajitas

Salsa
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
Dash of salt

Fajitas
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup sliced onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 flour tortillas, warmed
Shredded cheddar cheese (whatever kind you like)
Shredded lettuce
Sour cream

  1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients to make salsa; set aside.
  2. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.(I don't drain off the marinade. I find if add the marinade to the pain, the chicken is jucier. You decide what tastes best to you!)
  3. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute chicken until no longer pink. Return onion to the pan; cook and stir until onion is tender.
  4. Spoon chicken mixture onto on e side of each tortilla. top with tomato mixture, cheese, lettuce and sour cream; fold tortillas over filling.
****This makes about five or six small fajitas. Russ and I usually eat two and Lily gets one. It is really easy to double or triple for larger families. Also, if your kids don't like the onions it is really is to pick out the chicken and put into the shell. Lily says the onions are "too hot", but she doesn't mind the ones chopped up in the salsa.****

No comments: