Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Russ's Birthday

Saturday the 12th was Russ's birthday. Here are a few of the things we did that day:
As soon as we got up we opened Russ's presents. Of course he had to shake them first!

Russ also had to smell the present to see if he knew what it was. He guessed right. He said it smelled like rubber and it was shoes!
Soon after lunch Russ wanted his cake. Normally I make a fancy cake but Russ decided to change his mind at the last minute of what kind he wanted. Last minute = boring pan cake.(Sorry about the picture Russ! You look like you have a pot gut!)
Russ charge up his car again. This time it was a nice day so we raced it around in the street next to our house.
Lily loved driving it, even if she could only make it drive in circles or crash against the sidewalk!
I love the goofy look on Russ's face!
Lily spent a good part of the time running after the truck screaming "Come back!"
I even got to drive the truck while holding Allie!

We went out to eat at T.G.I.Friday's. We wanted to try something new and Russ wanted a burger. This place satisfied both of those. The only problem was that we didn't really enjoy the food. We had potstickers as an appetizer which was good. I really enjoyed some chicken dish that I got. Russ didn't like his burger or fries and the drinks weren't very good. We don't plan on going back. Russ said even though he didn't enjoy it he was glad we went so we could be together as a family. What a great hubby huh?!

The night ended with the girls going to bed and me and Russ watching his new DVD. Bourne Supremacy.

2 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Oh Julie, that's why you didn't like TGI's! You go there to get babyback ribs, appetizers like loaded potatoes, and specialty drinks!! Not the stuff you got. Maybe the one in Idaho sucks? The one here is Yummy! Happy late Birthday Russell.

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

Happy B-Day Russell! I love the boring old pan cakes. ;) July 12th is one of our favorite days!