Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things I am grateful for!

When Lily was born we weren't able to buy everything that you normally would for a baby. We used a lot of hand-me-downs or we just did without. With Allie I was determined to get a few of these "extras". We saved our money and these are a few of the things we got. I am so grateful that I now have them! My sister made Lily a beautiful crib set with bunnies on it. However, when she transitioned to a toddler bed it went with her. So we searched and found this cute jungle bedding. We are going to finally put in the crib this weekend. Watch for pictures of what our "nursery" looks like!
I was reading Stevie's blog one day when she mentioned a few must haves for new moms. One was a diaper caddy. I never had one with Lily, probably because I just never thought of it. Anyway she had a picture of this beautiful but expensive diaper caddy on it. She didn't use this one but she was trying to give a picture image of what she meant. Well, I fell in love with this, yet I knew I could never allow myself to buy this. One day I went to a boutique in town and I found this thing for about $10 less than the normal price. I told Russ about it and he said we could save some money to get. Before that happened though my mom bought it for me as her "congratulations on the baby" gift. I use this thing so much! It is wonderful to be able to tote everything around from room to room without a hastle!
With Lily my sister let me use her ten year old swing. It worked, but I really wanted to have my own. So yet again I researched and found a great deal on this Fisher-Price PowerPlus swing. It works really nicely, and Allie is starting to like it.
My mom gave me a wicker bassinet to use with Lily that she had used with me and my siblings. My sister had also used it with her son. I would have used it again with Allie but it was getting just a little worn out. We decided to invest in a pack n' play instead of a bassinet because we could take this with us anywhere we travel. It is working out very nicely to have it next to our bed.
When you live in an apartment with no hook-ups you just don't buy a washer/dryer. Now we do live in a place with them. Yet again we got a good deal on this Whirlpool Cabrio washer/dryer (Have you noticed I am all about deals) It won't be here until Wednesday, but I KNOW I will be very grateful for it. Oh by the way, I couldn't find a picture of the dryer. This is just the washer!

1 comment:

amber said...

I'm glad to know that you've been able to see the good things in your life despite the trials you spoke of in your previous post. Sometimes we just need to vent, and then move on to the good stuff. Well done! :)