Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Try-it-Tuesday!

I don't know what happened to Elena posting on her website, but since I actually tried something new on Tuesday I wanted to post it. Maybe later on in the week I will link it to Elena's website. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. It was sooooooo yummy! The best part is that it took only about 30 mins to cook and throw in the crockpot. It probably would take less time if you get familiar with the receipe, and you don't have a 3 year old begging for lunch while you are trying to cook! Hope you all enjoy this as much as we did!

Sarah's Crockpot Lasagna

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
Onion powder to taste
Garlic powder to taste
2 large jar spaghetti sauce (such as Ragu in the 1 lb. 10 ounce jar)
1 package (8 ounces) lasagna noodles
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb. cottage cheese (a little more than 1 lb.)
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preparation:
Brown the beef, onion, and garlic in a frying pan. Drain off any grease. Add the spaghetti sauce into the browned meat mixture. Mix well.

In a separate bowl, mix the cottage cheese, milk, and egg. Beat until thoroughly mixed. Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese, so that all the cheeses are combined.

Grease the slow cooker/Crock Pot with some vegetable shortening on the bottom and sides.Put about 1/4 of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed). Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of that. Then repeat with sauce, noodles, and cheese for another 2 layers. Top with meat sauce and more Parmesan cheese. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until noodles are tender.

2 comments:

Elena said...

So sorry I didn't get a recipe up this week. I'm still trying to recover from my 4th of July fun. Maybe tomorrow I'll get something up and link to you. I had another friend do one too. Way to be on the ball.

Jessica said...

Sounds yummy!!!