Wednesday, July 23, 2008
It is starting to drizzle!
As my friend Elena said, "When it rains, it pores." I hate that saying is true! As Russ and I started getting our apartment ready for the Sears people to deliver our washer/dryer we discovered yet another problem. We assumed that since our laundry room door is a sliding door, it would slide all the way into the wall, just like all our other sliding doors. Well, it doesn't! Of course it doesn't! Why would anything be that simple right now? So to make the process of getting our washer/dryer in even MORE difficult, we have to move them in through our neighbors door. I feel bad because we had to knock on their door this morning at 7:30 to ask them if this was ok. They weren't really awake yet. I am trying to take this minor setback in stride and say that it isn't raining, just drizzling. Will the rain ever stop? Hopefully, after today it will :) I'll let you all know if we manage to get the washer/dryer in and working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't even feel bad for knocking on their door - if their visitors are ringing your doorbell at 2 am!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
I wouldn't feel bad about inconvienencing them, either...usually I would, but since they've been such 'wonderful neighbors' and all, I wouldn't feel bad at all! Good luck!
Deanna's comment cracked me up. I can only imagine what your neighbors are like. Hope you got the washer/dryer in all right. You'll love it even more because of all this trauma you've had to go through to get it.
Augg! Why is it things like this happen? We have had a few problems moving things in thanks to doorways.
I'm glad you got the washer and dryer. Enjoy using them!
Jewelle!!!! I'm sorry that everything is going wrong for you! You know . . . the sun'll come up tomorrow . . . I can't wait to see you guys in September!! it's on my calendar.
Post a Comment