Many of you know how excited I was about the fact that we would be moving into a new apartment. We had our application in, and we had been given a move in date. Well, that isn't going to happen now. Last Wednesday we got a call from the manager of the apartment asking us about when Russell will graduate. We couldn't really tell them when he would graduate because his thesis is still in the works. It could be in December, it could be in April, it could be who knows when? The manager didn't like this answer. Apparently if Russ graduates in December we won't meet some of the requirements to live there. So the manager told us that our application was now denied. Needles to say I started bawling, and I kept crying for 45 minutes.
Shortly after this call I had to go to Wal-Mart. We were in dire need of milk and cheese. People probably thought I was nuts because I was bawling up a storm as I tried to get our food and get out of there. After checking out and heading out to the car, I somehow lost a gallon of our milk. I went back into the store, and asked the checker if I had left there. Nope. My milk was nowhere to be found. GREAT! Of course out of frustration I started crying again. As I got almost out to my car the checker ran after me and told me that he had found my milk. What a nice guy huh?! I guess it had fallen off my cart and been taken to the customer service desk.
Back in the car Russell called me and said he had some apartments for us to go look at. We needed an apartment by the end of the month, since we had already given our 30 day notice to our landlord. We spent the a good 4-5 hours looking at apartments and calling on apartments. We went through everything in the classifieds and came up with nothing! Everything was either way too expensive or way to dumpy for me to resign myself to live in. So after a short discussion with Russell we decided to call our landlords to see if they had filled the apartment. We were in luck, they hadn't filled the apartment. We wanted a six month lease, but our owner said no it was too difficult to fill an apartment in the winter. However, she told us if we sign a year contract and then get a job out of state in January, she will let us out of our lease. :) I was relieved to have an apartment again, but sad because I was ready to move on from this place. To make ourselves feel a little better, Russ and I promised each other we would take some time and really "spring clean" and declutter our house.
Our first step in this process was to buy a washer and dryer. We hadn't used our stimulus check yet, so that is what we felt we should use it on. Friday, while out birthday shopping for Lily we stopped at Sears and looked at washer and dryers. We narrowed it down to two and said we would be the back the next day to buy one. That night we went home and looked at our laundry room and realized that we wouldn't be able to get either one of our choices into the laundry room. They were too big! I was so disappointed. Then Russ and I discussed some different washer/dryers that we hadn't looked at before. They would fit! We then remembered that our neighbors had a problem with their dryer working. We found out that they had the wrong plug and had to replace it. Which means ours would too probably. No washer/dryer. We decided we would just replace it if it was wrong. On Saturday we and bought the washer/dryer. The good news was that it had the right plug! Later that day we realized that our dryer tubing went into the floor and it needed replaced. Oh great! Now we have to have our owners here when we move in because only they can get into the crawl space where the tubing is.
We called our owners and they were fine with coming over to unlock the crawl space. However, they preceded to tell Russ that they were raising our rent because property taxes have gone up. Oh great! That is what we wanted to here. Anyway the point of this post was to let all of you know that we aren't moving. Also, we are really trying to stay positive amidst all these things going wrong. I think we are doing pretty well. Talk to me in a month, then a will let you know if we really did do okay, and if anything else goes wrong ;)
5 comments:
How frustrating! We'll keep you in our prayers! If and when you get that washer and dryer hooked up, you'll love that. It will be worth the raised rent, because you wont have to haul laundry and you can do it WHENEVER YOU WANT!!! and lilly can help - Tanner loves to put everything in the washer I hand him, and the pull it all out of the dryer...keep's him busy! Best wishes!
I would have cried too. Why is it that when it rains it pours? Hopefully everything will work out for you. I'm glad you'll be staying a little longer in the ward too.
I'm sorry! I was really excited to be neighbors again. We should still get together sometime anyways! Everything happens for a reason. I'm glad that your landlords haven't rented out your unit.
oh man, what an ordeal!!! I hope things start to look up and staying in this apt. works in your favor!
Sorry to hear about the apartment. I hate days like that. Blame all the emotions and crying on having a baby recently. That will help smooth things over with lots of people. ;)
Post a Comment