We have finally finished redoing my nursing chair! Well, we actually finished it two weeks ago, but I am finally posting about it :) This chair used to belong to Russell's parents. When we got married he asked if he could have it. They said we could. This thing needed a little bit of TLC. A few months after acquiring it we added new stuffing to the pillows and threw my cow blanket over it. The pillow covers were shedding and thread-bare. Trust me the cow blanket looks better! A few months before I had Allie I decided we needed to change the color of the chair. The stain was too dark for me. Russ took on the challenge to sand down the chair by hand! I helped a little, but Russ spent quite a few Saturdays and evenings sanding. Not an easy task for him with his allergies! We then picked out a stain, and voila! We have a "new" nursing chair for me! It is so comfortable, I know you are all jealous!
The before shot. Look how dark of a stain it was! I think the color is called walnut.
The before shot. Look how dark of a stain it was! I think the color is called walnut.
The stain drying in the sun. We chose to stain it a light cherry. That matches some of our other furniture.

Home at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment