

A few months ago my parents came and visited. While at Porters my mom bought this craft for me and Lily to do together. I had let her buy it because I thought that we could handle doing it together even though the package said for ages 8+. I am 8+, so I can do this right?!
Apparently, I was very mistaken. We finally got around to doing this craft last week. Poor Lily hardly got to help at all because we used craft glue that took forever to dry. After gluing something on she wouldn't hold it long enough and then it would fall off. so she asked me to do it. I ended up doing the whole thing. The other problem was that this was not designed well. things wouldn't stay in place like they were supposed. Obviously you really needed to use something stronger than craft glue, but i was half way done before realizing this. The worst part about this experience? Lily doesn't even get to play with the craft because it is a ceramic pot which could break and hurt her. Oh well, she was delighted to make it as you can tell in the picture.
3 comments:
haha! i got the exact same craft for me and ryley to do together. it definitely wasn't a good idea b/c i used a hot glue gun and so she really couldnt' help at all. she did enjoy playing with it and showing people what "she" made, and i kept it for a few weeks before I finally trashed it. lol.
Those darned crafts! I like doing crafts with the foamie thingys with my students at school. I bet Lily would like that. The only thing with those is that they're mostly flat and flat things are no fun to play with. hehe!
What a bummer craft. My girls love to craft. We have run into a few of those types of crafts. Better luck next time!
Post a Comment