Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our Weekend

What a fun weekend! Early Friday morning we woke up and I took a picture of Lily and Allie. I knew if I didn't take one then they would both be dirty by the time I got around to it. I never realized how hard it is to take a picture of a newborn and a three-year-old. This is the best pic I got of them. Does Allie look like a boy? We got lots of compliments at the parade on our cute boy. I don't get why we get that when we always have a bow on her!
After our picture session we walked down the street to the parade. We felt really lucky we only had to leave at 8:30 to get a good spot. We didn't get a ton of shade, but that was okay. None of us got burnt because I was diligent and slathered all of us fair ones before going. Allie was wonderful during the parade. She slept for most of it, and woke up for about 15 mins to eat. Lily was on her best behavior. Her and daddy racked in the candy. She loved to see all the horses that came by. Occasionally she would get tired so Russ would hold her on his shoulders. Most the time she would settle for sitting in her chair. Which was nice for Russ, considering last year he held her most if not all the time. We made it to the end of the parade, but I wish we hadn't. The fire engines scared Lily and Allie half to death! Russ tried packing up our stuff while I held onto a screaming Allie, and Lily burying her head into my lap. I thought Lily would love this because she kept asking for them, but apparently the noise got to her. We did manage to snag Lily a plastic fireman's hat that were handing them out. She really likes wearing it.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. For supper we made ourselves a wonderful BBQ. Russ felt bad because he burnt my steak a little, but I thought it was delicious (Only the bone got burnt, so no big deal!) After dinner we went and set off about half of the fireworks we had bought. Lily enjoyed throwing the snaps. We couldn't really remember what one of the fireworks did that we bought, so Russ decided to set it off. Well, the dang thing exploded(which is what it is supposed to do) and about five ground flowers shot out of it. One of those ground flowers literally attacked me, Lily, and Allie as we sat on the sidewalk. My bum was about two inches from getting burned! Gotta love them fireworks!




We then got in the car and drove to the school I used to teach at. If you sit on the baseball diamond behind the school you have a really good view of the river. Every year Melaluca(A local business) puts on a terrific fire show at the boat docks by the river. It is the best show I have ever seen. Some of my friends have told me it is even better than the Stadium of Fire. These pictures really don't do them justice, but you have to remember I was trying to take pictures and hold Allie at the time. I thought Lily would be scared of the fireworks, since she was last year, but she wasn't. She loved them! she kept telling me "Take a picture momma!" She wanted a picture of all of them. Silly girl! After the show we made it home in about ten minutes since we going into the city when most of the traffic was going out of the city. I read on a friends blog that somewhere around 100,000 people come to watch the show. Amazing that a little Idaho city could boast something that awesome huh?! I wish you all could have been here.

Upon getting home we set off the rest of our fireworks. I had to put the first picture on because you can see one of the "bees" shooting off to the side. The other picture was of our grand finale. It was just a really big fountain. Lily wasn't impressed because it kept whistling. I asked Lily after we were done what her favorite part of the day was and she said, "The fireworks in the road!" It made me happy that she picked our family time as her favorite thing of the day.
I am so glad that we live in America. God Bless the USA!







4 comments:

Deanna said...

Looks like you got to bed right after I did last night!

Love the pictures...i get so frustrated that I can't get cutsie pictures of Tanner holding Taylor, and your two girls look adorable! - Ya'd think a BOW indicates that SHE's a SHE! SHEESH! people.

Jessica said...

I think that Lily looks like a girl, was it an old person that told you she looked like a boy? Both of the girls are adorable! We watched the fireworks from the same school, but we were up by the parking lot. So when are you moving and which apt did you get? We are in 108, the one without the parking lot in front of it. We will have to get together once you move in, if you need help unloading your things let me know and I can send my husband over!!

Huber Family said...

Jewels, your family is adorable! Your girls are precious! Congrats! Isn't life wonderful?!? Glad you found me! :)

The Gould Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great 4the of July!! Lily definitely does not look like a boy!! I never do understand why people mistake girls as boys even when they have BOWS in their hair! Its beyond me!
Oh and yes, I live in the building right next to Laura! ;0)