I thought I would do an update post on Allie. Allie turns one month tomorrow! It is crazy how fast she is growing! Speaking of growing we went and did another weight check at the doctors last Friday. She had gained enough weight that we don't have to go back until her regular appointment! Yeah! we found out yesterday at WIC that she weighs 9 lbs 11 0z and is 21 inches tall. This means she is short and fat! Hehehehe!
Her belly button finally healed up. It took forever because the wound would clot and then when she cried she would break it open. Which started the healing process all over again. She was so pitiful looking when this happened. I felt so bad :(
Ever since the day Allie was born she was able to hold her head up for a short time. The nurses were quite impressed with this. She can now hold it up for quite some time. I talked to the doctor about if I should do tummy time since she can do this. He didn't believe me that she could hold her up head up. GRRRR! Well, we got a picture of Allie doing it. Maybe I should take it in to the doc and show him!
Other than that Allie is doing great. She sleeps most of the day. She is hardly ever awake. Maybe three hours at the most. I am sure when she finally "wakes" up she will keep me plenty busy. Here are a few pictures we have taken of her recently. Enjoy!

Chillin' in the swing

Look at those cheeks!

Sisterly Love

Happy 4th of July!

Just a cute picture

Sad moment for mommy as her baby goes from newborn diapers to size 1. She isn't a newborn anymore :(
Playing on daddy's tummy
See Dr. Hatch! She can hold her head up all by herself!
One month old picture
3 comments:
haha, yeah take that picture to the dr. and show him! I can't believe he didn't believe you. Jackson was good at holding his head up early too and my new nephew has been too. I think its definitely possible for a baby this young to hold her head up! "Stinky Doctor" as my ryley would say!
Allie is simply adorable. I can tell she and Lily are sisters!! Thanks for the update on her!
SO CUTE!!!! And I completely believe you about her strong neck (even before I saw the proof picture), all of my girls had strong little necks right out of the womb too. (Carter was my wobbliest.) Those doctors don't know what they're talking about. But beware, those strong babies walk EARLY too! :)
She is so cute! I love her cheeks!! I also love the picture of Lily and Allie together, too cute!!
Post a Comment